Color is a critical element of any marketing program. In fact, a new study from Go Inspire Group found that, increased design vibrancy produced an overall revenue increase of 20%. But color isn’t just for images. With a little creativity, you can find great new ways to grab attention and draw your customers’ eyes to places in your printed materials that you want them to look. Here are five places to get started.
1. Eye-popping envelopes. Unless you are sending a postcard, the outside of the envelope* is the first thing people see. If your envelope is a bright, vibrant color in a sea of white envelopes, it will be the first one people reach for.
2. Make the offer stand out. Place text in brightly colored call-out boxes or use colored or highlighted text inside the body copy. Use color to say what it does best, “Look at me!”
3. Highlight the call to action. Place your call to action (CTA) in a strategic location and use color to draw your reader’s eye. Place the CTA in a starburst or use an oversized font in a bright “can’t miss me” color.
4. Add a teaser. By using teaser copy on the outside of the envelope, your message gets seen before readers even open the flap. Think “10 days to save!” or “Save 25% today!” You can add teasers to the white space around the body copy of the inside letter, too.
5. Add a Postscript. Studies show that the postscript of a letter is what most people read first. Seize the opportunity by using colored text to reinforce the key elements of your message. Be sure to include the offer and the CTA. People often read postscripts when they don’t read anything else, so grab even more attention by making it in color.
Vibrant color is a powerful tool. Are you leaving opportunities on the table?
* Did you know? Print Pointe can produce (and design) full color envelopes? Do you want a regular #10 envelope with full bleed (images that print to the edge) on either or both sides of the envelope? We can print a flat sheet and then convert/fold them into the standard #10 size. Email or call (303-750-5566) our team today to learn more about this or other custom options.